The Pinnacles Walk – Kauaeranga Kauri Trail
How to get to The Pinnacles Walk:
Turn right into Bank Street beside the service station from SH25 at the southern entrance to Thames. Banks Street veers right into Parawai Road, which then becomes Kauaeranga Valley Road. Follow this road for 13 km to the Kauaeranga Visitor Centre. From here continue on the unsealed road for 9 kms to the end carpark.
This is where the track starts.
The Pinnacles Track:
Also do not take the bed closest to the door… you will be kept awake with people coming and going at all hours.
I am just super lucky that an amazing couple gave me a spare hoody to keep me warm.
The sun setting
The sun starting to rise
Me trying to get a good snap of the sunrise!
Beautiful sunrise at the top of the Pinnacles
This is reality – I look exhausted, no hair brushed, no makeup, no shower but so happy to be watching the sunrise up the pinnacles!
What to pack (if staying):
– Pjs (I didn’t pack these.. just slept in my underwear)
– First Aid Kit
– Head Torch with batteries
– Wet Wipes
– Sleeping Bag
– Blow up pillow (Grabbed mine from Kmart for $2)
– Water x4 750ml bottles
– Food for lunch, dinner and breakfast along with snacks.
– Camera with charged batteries and sim card
– Insect Repellant
– Toiletries – toothbrush/paste, hairbrush etc.
– Hiking Shoes or exercise shoes with grip (I just wore my normal exercise shoes)
– Jersey & Jacket! (It will be cold and most likely super windy at 759m)
– Energy & Good Vibes! 🙂